Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Because the kids were out of school early
The kids were let out of school early today because of expected severe weather, icy rain, slick roads, etc. I was grocery shopping when I got all three calls on my cell phone. Since I was at the store I decided to get a treat just to make coming home from school early extra special and fun. So I picked up a small box of donuts, you know, because the kids were out of school early. And then I thought, "It's a good probability that school will be closed tomorrow and the kids will be home." So I picked up a bag of Milano chocolate mint cookies, for me...you know...because the kids were out of school early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yum, we'll be right over.
ReplyDeleteNow back in good old Minnesota, they would start thinking about the idea of closing schools when the temp was minus 20 degrees, the wind was blowing out of the NW at 35 mph with 18 inches of snow and when the bio-diesel in all school buses gelled. Then we would break out the Hot Chocolate and marshmallows. I hope you locked up the Milano chocolate mint cookies in your room.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness they closed school...I would've had to drive the kids and I didn't want to go out in that ick. Whatever, I'm a baby and hate the cold. That's why we said bye bye to Utah. Okay-ONE of the reasons.
ReplyDeleteI hope you didn't share!
ReplyDelete