Marshmallow fight, of course. With the exception of Sam, who chose to stay inside and play with his new Star Wars legos (and who can blame him), we all went outside and loaded up. I, obviously was taking pictures, but it wasn't long before I grabbed my own slingshot and got in on the action. The land right next to our house is perfect for a marshmallow war with the trees to hide behind and dodge flying marshmallows and to crouch behind to take aim. Even though Kyle is the most skilled with a slingshot, he took his fair share of hits. We should have put flour in the marshmallow bags so the hits would be more noticable. A tip to remember for the next war.
It wasn't long before the slingshots got too sticky to shoot with any amount of decency and the marshmallows began to drop to the ground, or worse, shoot backward and hit the shooter. Another reason for the flour. How funny to hit yourself in the face with a flour covered marshmallow.

Analee and Jacob kept getting better and better at shooting and then running for cover. It's much more difficult to hit a moving target. Staying behind the cover of the trees doesn't make for a
good target either. But it's definitely easier and safer to load up and take your next aim.
It was a fun way to
spend an hour on Christmas day. We had a great time and
Kyle got our gas fireplace working so we grabbed marshmallows and began roasting. (Shoot! I just screwed up and lost a picture. I'm not starting over.) Whatever. Sam does not like to eat roasted marshmallows. He prefers to let his catch fire and then give them over to the flames all the while chanting, "Sac-ri-fice, sac-ri-fice". P.S. Don't look at Kyle's bald spot.
This was the day Kyle took the boys to the post office to weigh their pinewood derby cars and they came home with this kiln/oven/chimney thingy. Break out the marshmallows! Jacob figured out he could roast his marshmallow until the outside came off, like an outer covering. Analee decided to roast her backside and Sam is just waiting to "Sac-ri-fice". In another picture (that I also somehow lost) you can see the boys are in bare feet which would give you (if you could see it) an idea of what kind of day it was. Even though it is January, it sometimes feels warm enough to go swimming. However, the water has not decided to cooperate yet. Wouldn't it be something to go swimming outside in January and not be part of the Polar Bear Club?
Okay. That's it. I just lost my third picture. I think I know how I did it, unfortunately, I don't know if I can get it back. It was a picture of our pool and how bee-yoo-tiful it looks even in January. Oh, well. Another time, another blog.
I couldn't even pay attention to the rest of the post because I just couldn't take my eyes off that bald spot....JUST KIDDING KYLE! Stop being so sensitive! Love the marshmallow idea....and the sac-ri-fice is classic.
ReplyDeleteToo bad you didn't post the photo of your pool since the Wisor's have NEVER SEEN IT. You can make it up to us this summer....we won't even wait for the invite ;)
Only a true Minnesotan would be inventive enough to sling "warm" snowballs at each outer at Christmas time. Come on back if you want some real snow.
ReplyDeleteWhen our kids were still at home, we threw marshmallows at the TV set during the Academy Awards. That was the last time because I was finding stale marshmallows all over the family room months after the awards, because it was not just the TV set that got hit. The bugs liked them.
Ron
I love the Sac-ri-fice. I can totally picture it now. I didn't notice Kyle's balding until you mentioned it. Sounds like you guys are having so much fun. Miss you
ReplyDeleteCheryl - the blog is looking AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteMy sisters are both Texans now and told me that today was 50 degrees - we're getting ready for 30 below tonight. Don't you miss it - you could have done marshmallow slingshots in the snow - never would have found them.