Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Break's over

The kids go back to school tomorrow after having a really good winter break. In the past, I have dreaded winter break, mostly because of the Minnesota winters and all the snow and freezing cold temperatures that Minnesota is famous for. This year, however, the warm Texas climate let us go outside and play in the yard, at several different parks, and visit an outdoor animatronic dinosaur museum exhibit. I have really enjoyed being with them. I think I might even be okay with them being on break for a bit longer. Just a bit. Today we made some really yummy cookies and while mixing the batter, we listened to one of Analee's Hannah Montana CDs. Jacob started dancing with some of the funniest moves. Of course I grabbed the camera and after taking a few pictures I turned the setting to movie mode and hopefully took a somewhat decent video clip of him and Analee dancing. I hope it worked because it was hilarious.
I have been realizing something lately. I'm not sure when it started happening but I seem to be getting to know my kids better, or maybe just all over again. At any rate, something seems to be happening and it feels good. I will pay more attention and hopefully I can encourage more of this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment