Saturday, January 10, 2009

Buddy

This is our most adorable puppy, Buddy. He is currently 7 months old and I will probably always call him a puppy because he won't be getting any bigger than he is right now. He weighs somewhere around 5 lbs. We love him very much but sometimes he is a stinker (not literally). Even though he loves to play with the kids, his favorite place is to be with me. No matter what the kids are doing with him, if I walk into the room he will immediately follow me. It makes me feel kind of special. Of course, I am the one who takes care of him during the day so he knows who his master is, or so Kyle says. He has figured out when the boys come home from school and will wait by the door when he knows they will be home soon. He is smart in the fact that he knows when I am making dinner and will stay very close because he has learned that, in most instances, he is faster than me when something falls on the floor. He once stood guard over a piece of hot pasta that was too hot for him to pick up so he stood over it while he waited for it to cool down.

This is Buddy when he graduated from Puppy Training at PetSmart. The trainer had little graduation hats for all the puppies and she played "Pomp and Circumstance" for about two minutes while she handed out the certificates. Then she gave all the puppies a treat of doggie ice cream and Buddy refused to even get close to his. He can be a little paranoid with food. I don't know why. For a while, he would approach his food bowl and growl and bark and whine at it until something satisfied him it was okay. Go figure. Who knows what goes through a dog's head?!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love your blog! That little puppy graduation is a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete