Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The BANE of my after-school existence:HOMEWORK
I now have somewhat of an idea of why I enjoyed my kids so much over winter break. This is at least one reason but it's a big one. No homework. What a joy life is without homework. No crying, whining, excuses, procrastinating, rationalizing. After a couple of hours (yes, hours) of this never-ending circle of noise and frustration, I decided everyone needed a break so I took us all to dinner at Mcdonald's. Not my first choice but I was outvoted. We had a good time with some good laughs and came home feeling better. Now it is almost bedtime (for them) and I have a pedicure and a facial waiting for me upstairs. If I can just get the puppy to cooperate, I will have a relaxing evening all to myself. Tomorrow is Wednesday and everything can start all over again but at least it will be a new day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment