My sister, Annette, her husband, Luis, and their three children came to visit us last week. They live in California. Luis had a business trip to Shreveport, LA which is only three hours away from us. Annette and the kids came to be with us and Luis joined us on Thursday. Annette and the kids were with us for Family Home Evening on Monday night. We went over to do yardwork with a woman whom Kyle home teaches. Her name is Sister Kearl. We took lots of yard tools and had a pretty good time.

This is Annette with her youngest, Juan, and Ali, her second daughter.

Lydia, Annette's oldest, and Sam are beating the weeds and scaring up way too many mosquitoes.

Everyone pitched in and worked hard. The girls dragged dead branches out to the driveway to be picked up by the trash guys.


Kyle cut off more dead branches.

Jacob mowed the lawn.

Sam cut up the branches into smaller pieces.

Everyone helped pick up the dead leaves and put them into the leaf bags. The girls were great helpers.

This is the one picture I managed to take of Sister Kearl and her head is barely in the picture and it's of the back of her head. She was clever in staying out of picture range.

I began to sweep up the front walk but the girls wanted to do that, too. They each took turns.


Then Annette finished up. It looks like she is walking on holy ground with the way her feet are glowing in the camera's flash.
When the work was done, we all went inside for sherbet, jelly beans,and homemade donuts. It was a lot of fun and Sister Kearl was great to spend time with. The kids were good and worn out and ready for bed.
What a great service project! I bet that Sis. Kearl appreciated it so much. I'm glad that Annette made it over to see you guys - I bet that doesn't happen very often.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are awesome! I know Shirley was very appreciative of that service!!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for having us for the week, We miss you!
ReplyDelete