Monday, April 5, 2010

Hangin' out and coloring Easter eggs

Hanging out with family is so relaxing. Good food, good company and you've got a good time goin' on. My sister's husband, Luis, was in Shreveport, LA for a business trip so he wasn't with us for most of the week. We missed him but he was able to join us on Thursday night.Kyle prepared chicken and a pheasant he brought home from his hunting trip to Oregon with his dad in October. It was yummy.

Kyle is wearing an ice pack on his shoulder. He had surgery on it to remove some bursitis a year ago and has had to be careful not to aggravate it. It is almost to the point of completely healed.

Girl cousins. The two little girls took to Analee like she was their big sister. They hated that she had to be at school for so long during the day and were so excited to have her at home. When she was at home they hardly left her side.

My sister took this picture and it melts my heart.

Juan loved pouncing on Jacob. Jacob was a good sport and had a good time playing with all his little cousins. He said it was kind of fun to see what they would do and say next.





Playing with blocks and the game Chutes and Ladders. At one point, Lydia said that a move Analee made was cheating. Analee responded with, "No it isn't, honey." They kept right on playing. Another favorite game was CandyLand. Lydia didn't like having to save King Kandy so we saved Queen Frostine most of the time.



The coloring of Easter eggs was fun. The colors didn't take very well but the activity was fun. Annette and Jacob and I filled plastic Easter eggs with candy and hid them so the girls could go on an Easter egg hunt. I tried to film it with my camera but I didn't hit the button correctly so I missed it. They had a great time and listening to their excited squeals when they found another egg was so great.




We hid the emptied-out plastic eggs for a second hunt so I could film it but it didn't work as well as the first hunt. So I'm left with memories of the hunt and no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment