Just my brother and me.
Friday, April 3, 2009
My brother and me
One of the boys' favorite games to play lately is sparring. They will forego the computer and watching cartoons after homework to go outside and spar. The weather is wonderful and I don't mind, just so long as there is no blood.
When I was making dinner yesterday, I saw the boys out front and knew I needed to get the camera. At several points they were rolling on the ground but they kept getting out of range for me. I was standing at the kitchen window taking these shots and had to be careful that I didn't get the reflection of my red striped apron.
Jacob is more daring than Sam but Sam is able to hold his own and get the upper hand at times.

Isn't it great that kids don't mind who sees them when they are having fun? I wonder if they even know when people pass by. For a little while, their world is only their game.
There is always time to stop and check out what kind of critter is in the grass. Apparently it was something that deserved to be pounded on because they started to do just that, pound on whatever it was they found in the grass, with their swords of course. Just in case you can't tell, Jacob has an Orc sword and Sam is wielding a lightsaber.
Just my brother and me.
Just my brother and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so sweet. Remember life when we didn't even think or care what anyone thought?... our ignorance was bliss indeed. (I used to dance in our front room. There was a picture window with one of those old school window treatments so when I opened the curtains, it was like a stage... Barry's Copa Cabana was my music of choice, of course -- I can only imagine!)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood old fashioned sword fighting. We were a bit more dangerous. We used sticks that really hurt. When we found something interesting, we didn't smash them. We melted them with a magnifying glass. Boys will be boys.
ReplyDeleteI only hope that Jacob wants to play forever...the day that he say's he's too old Sam will be crushed.
ReplyDelete