Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pierced 13th

Analee turned 13 last week. My first teenager, although she is constantly mistaken for 10 years old. She asked for a cinnamon crumb cake for a birthday cake. It's her favorite. I didn't have enough candles to place 13 on top so I just put 3. She almost had to wait for the following weekend for her birthday present. It required a mother/daughter trip and Kyle was supposed to go on an overnight hike and adventure race with the young men from church but their activity was rained out so the mother/daughter activity was back on. Her present was getting her ears pierced. We went to Claire's in the Collin Creek Mall. The piercing station was right next to the big glass window so anyone walking by could stop to watch. One woman did stop and when her husband and son saw what she wanted to watch they kept walking. The woman, however, came into the store and we chatted a bit. Analee was a bit embarassed, not to mention nervous, wondering about how much it was going to hurt.
Her ear before.
Right ear first. Doesn't quite know what to expect.
Left ear next. Now she knows what to expect and cringes a bit.
Her ear after. Doesn't it look pretty? When I got my ears pierced, my dad took me for my 16th birthday and let me get sapphires because that's my birthstone. I let Analee get diamonds (not real ones, of course). Afterward, we went to T.G.I.Fridays for dinner. It was a fun night. She is enjoying her newly pierced ears. My baby is growing up into a beautiful young lady.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. What a fun day you had! Catalina's ears are already pierced, so I'm going to have to think of something fun like that for 13!

    ReplyDelete