The start of this new year finds me wishing I could drag out the last year just a little bit. I enjoyed not having to get up early to get the kids off to seminary and school. As much as I love being the crossing guard for the elementary school, I enjoyed not having to sit out in the cold mornings. I enjoyed the lack of homework. The only homework we had to work on was Sam's science fair project. As the new year gets going and as school looms in the near distance, all of those things are coming back along with a few others. Some I look forward to and others I'm apprehensive about. I look forward to learning to play the new guitar I got for Christmas. It's black and beautiful and I've wanted to learn for a long time. Jacob will also use my guitar for his lessons. I look forward to taking a crocheting class. My mother was here over Thanksgiving and taught me to make hot pads and now I want to learn more. I'm excited for Analee to begin piano lessons again. Another instrument that I have always wanted to learn.
What I am apprehensive about is my new position in the elementary school PTA. I'm the new president for the rest of the year. What's funny is that I'm also my very own 1st vice president. That was the position I held before our president had to resign due to family issues that need her time and attention. So now I hold both. Being in a leadership position in anything is not something I have ever wanted. I don't do well being in charge. I prefer to be told what to do. I get anxious and nervous and stressed and unhappy. Kyle is a fabulous person to be in charge. He thrives on challenge so I have been bending his ear in a lot of things. He has been and will continue to be a huge support and lifeline. I keep thinking I just have to get through the rest of the year but I know it is more than just getting through it. I really do want to do a good job and I want to leave the PTA in a good spot when the school year ends. There are lots of things to learn this year and it will be a good year. But I still wish I could hold on just a bit longer. Why doesn't time work that way?
I think that's great that you are going to learn the guitar! Way to keep your mind active! You will be great in the PTA - you are creative and have a great little support team at home. :o) Best wishes for the new year!
ReplyDeleteI took a six week class through the city, and I would definitely NOT recommend that. I learned a bit, but once we got to chords I hit a wall and the instructor said, "That's what you learn in the next class." If you find a great teacher let me know!
ReplyDelete