I had hoped it had learned its lesson but shortly after we came home from church, it was back in the "No Chicken Zone". Not only that, but it had jumped up on the window ledge so it could look in the window. Like it was taunting me.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Dumb Chicken
When we put up our chicken coop last year, the chickens had the run of the side yard. We finally decided they needed their own space, mostly so our porch could be free of chicken poop and we wouldn't have to tiptoe around the droppings. Big YUCK! We put up some chicken wire that was 2 1/2 to 3 feet high and cordoned off a section of the yard for them. It didn't take long for them to figure out they could hop up on top of the wire and then drop down in to the "No Chicken Zone". This past Saturday, Kyle and I put up four foot high chicken wire. Surely that would keep the chickens where they belong. Sunday morning, Jacob and I looked out the window and saw a chicken pecking around in the "No Chicken Zone". Jacob grabbed it and tossed it over the wire. It came back two more times. The next time, it hopped up on the old wire and walked along that for a few minutes before falling in between the old and the new. It was trapped and Jacob and I laughed for a good long time.
Poor little dumb chicken. It walked frantically back and forth between the two wires trying to figure out how to get out.
I had hoped it had learned its lesson but shortly after we came home from church, it was back in the "No Chicken Zone". Not only that, but it had jumped up on the window ledge so it could look in the window. Like it was taunting me.
I had hoped it had learned its lesson but shortly after we came home from church, it was back in the "No Chicken Zone". Not only that, but it had jumped up on the window ledge so it could look in the window. Like it was taunting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dumb Chicken!! Time to make nuggets out of 'em.
ReplyDelete