Thursday, December 3, 2009

My favorite things?

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things.
But I hate snow, and I hate cold,
And I hate not being warm
So I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't see this storm This is what our fair city of Plano, TX looked like this morning. Didn't we leave this behind in Minnesota?
And, yes, it's sticking. But I know it won't be for long. Sam said this morning, "Our old friend has found us." The kids miss the snow.



The snowflakes keep getting bigger but I do like that it is pretty.

4 comments:

  1. I love Sam's comment. I hope he ends up writing someday! That was fun while it lasted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a call from my sister in Denton this morning saying "We have snow - in Texas!" to which I, the still Minnesotan said, wow, and I'm only wearing a hoodie, no coat.

    Global Freezing of the South and warming of the North?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Doesn't sound like it was a friend that you cared to ever see again. I love it because - get this Utah - it GOES AWAY! Best of both worlds I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just did not want you to forget about us in the birthplace of your children. So you will always be connected to Good Ol' Minnesota. But hate is such a strong word. Maybe "would rather not have" would be better. I won't be walking my snow blower over to your house to help you dig out (cost too much in gas and besides, it would be summer by the time I got there).

    ReplyDelete