Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Start of Winter break

The start of seventeen days of no school. Seventeen days of kids at home. Seventeen days of the kids asking me what we're going to do today. I have few ideas but I think those will quickly be poo-pooed. The boys wanted to go to the park on Monday so while Kyle and Analee went out Christmas shopping for a certain lovely lady of the house, I took my camera and the boys to the park.












Kyle took the whole week off and he and Jacob went on a scout campout. They left Tuesday morning and will come home tomorrow. I had planned a craft project for sometime over the holiday break and Analee, Sam and I worked on it after Kyle and Jacob left. We made flowerpot snowmen.


This was Sam's first snowman. It accidentally fell on the kitchen floor and broke. He got upset and said he was quitting but I gave him my snowman to finish and that made things alright.

The finished product proudly sitting on the mantle. From left to right we have Analee's, then mine and then Sam's.

2 comments:

  1. Consider yourself lucky. My kids are still in school today, and they go back on Jan 4th. They had as much time off for Thanksgiving! They do things differently in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have had plenty to do if you were still here in Minnesota - like shovel snow and then shovel some more with a little bit of sledding thrown in the mix.

    ReplyDelete