We had a great time hanging out with Julie. There is a possiblity of her coming back after the new year starts and we hope she can come then. Thanks for the fun, Julie. We love you.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Fun with Julie
My cousin, Julie, came to visit us when she was in Texas on a business trip. The kids were so excited for her to come. We just bought Harry Potter #6 and we have the PS2 game also. Jacob played his game and then gave Julie pointers on how to use the controller so she could play.
Jacob did really well as instuctor. Usually when I am the one playing he gets frustrated with me and says, "Mom, can I just do it for you?" He didn't say that even once to Julie. What gives!
This seems like a random picture but with all the Harry Potter business going on Sam got the idea to make his own potion. I don't know what he mixed into it but when it was done he brought it to me and said, "Mom, this potion smells like puke. Here, smell it." As if! I refused to smell it and a little while later when Kyle came home from work, Sam offered it to him to smell without telling him what it smelled like. Kyle took one sniff and said, with a grossed out look on his face, "Vomit?" I started to laugh and Sam triumphantly said, "Yup!"
I love to do puzzles and I currently have a 1000 piece puzzle laid out on the dining room table. Analee and Julie and I worked on it for a while. It certainly goes faster when there is more than one person working on it. FYI Julie, It's still not done.
We had a great time hanging out with Julie. There is a possiblity of her coming back after the new year starts and we hope she can come then. Thanks for the fun, Julie. We love you.
We had a great time hanging out with Julie. There is a possiblity of her coming back after the new year starts and we hope she can come then. Thanks for the fun, Julie. We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel so strange: my sister spent a few days with your family and now your sister is spending a few days with our family. How fun would it be if we could ALL get together?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun. I love Sam more and more with each blog post. Have FUN with that puzzle! :)
ReplyDeleteKNIFE MAKING? Maybe Sam's weapon obsession isn't just the Aspergers talking - looks like it's genetic. I hope you have a lock on your garage door...
ReplyDeletep.s That's so sweet of Jacob to save all of his patience for guests. HA!
Cheryl, I am so glad that you posted these pictures! I had so much fun with you and your family. I'll give you a call in the next day or two to talk about my next trip.
ReplyDelete