I showed the girl the pictures on my phone and after talking about it for a bit she started to cut. I began to suspect I was in trouble when she said, "Boy, this is going fast." I told her I didn't need it to go fast. I just needed it to look good. She laughed. Did she really think I was joking? I had to tell her it needed to be layered and after layering one side of my hair she asked if I wanted the other side layered too. Well, yeah honey. If you layer one side you have to layer everything else as well. The angle of my hair is supposed to end at my chin and she made it end in the middle of my cheek. The back did not blend into the front and it was longer in back on one side than the other. It was also cut differently on the left side than the right side.
How do people with so much lack in skill ever get issued a license? I mean, they do have to pass a test or something, don't they? The boys' hair, cut by someone else, was not done well either. They don't really care but I do.
In the South Melbourne Market just a few streets away from our house, is a place called the "Hair House." Two days after my bad cut took place, I went to the Hair House, showed them the pictures of what I wanted versus what I actually got and they were horrified. Ten minutes later, I was sitting in front of Maria who took good care of me. She fixed it as much as she could and once it grows for about six weeks she can do more. It looks better and I feel better.
The way I found Maria is very similar to the way I found Trish. After having one of the worst hair cuts EVER! my friend, Rebecca, recommended Trish to me. She was a life saver. I literally did not want to go outside with my hair looking as bad as it did and after leaving a desperate message on Trish's phone, almost crying, she got me in that night and started my hair on its way to recovery. After a few months of haircare-by-Trish, my hair was where I wanted it. Now I'm back to square one. But it is even in the back, has the same cut on both sides and is layered evenly. And she didn't rush it.
Oh how terrible. I feel your pain, I once had a cut where the stylist actually said "I'm gonna stop now before I make it worse." She couldn't have made it worse - it was, as my sister described "like your head has been attacked by a wild beast." Sadly, she was my regular stylist (at the time) - I had no excuse like ... oh, I'm on another continent, in another hemisphere.
ReplyDeleteWhat no pictures Cheryl?
I haven't been able to post pictures since we got here. We just got a device today that upgrades our internet so I should be able to post pictures now.
ReplyDelete