Monday, September 26, 2011

One of my favorite things

On Saturday, Analee had her first babysitting job.  It went from 10 am to 7:30 pm.  While she was gone, the rest of us went to the Tesselar Tulip Festival.  It was also the Dutch Festival. Tulips are my favorite flower.  They are so gorgeous and they simply make me happy.  The tulips at the festival were at the peak of bloom.
These ones look like Christmas.
And these ones look like fire.


I love the fringe on these yellow beauties.


Every once in a while there is a rebel, one that refuses to be overlooked.  I absolutely love the red steaks through the yellow.


They just look so fuzzy and tickly.



                             There were over half a million tulips planted in the surrounding fields.
Sam and Jacob found another rebel among the purple tulips.  




Lots of Dutch heritage items and displays.  The boys thought this calliope was creepy.
This woman was cranking this organ and making the monkey puppet clap.  
This was a Turkish pastry made with spinach and cheese.
And look what we found! Kyle's great-grandparents came from the Netherlands.  It was fun to find our name at the festival.
                         These were some Dutch tools at a booth that was making wooden tulips.
       These were tools used to make clogs.  You can see the different stages of clog making on the left.
Our cute little Dutch children.
These darling little flowers were along the path.
These were some blossoms on a tree hanging over the walking path.  As I focused the camera to take a picture the sun came out and put a beautiful light on them.
So many pretty flowers.
These are the wooden tulips I bought.  I got the only dark one of the bunch.  
I loved this day.  Because BYU played on Friday instead of Saturday, Kyle got to watch most of the game, we went to see the tulips and afterward, we went to the Dandenong Ranges National Forest.  I will post pictures of that in a few days.  It was a great day with a great ending by having Analee back with us and relaxing together.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Tulips are gorgeous! And fun festivities too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! I like your hair too- it looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips too. One of the many reasons I got married in April...love the tulips around the temple. So jealous, of this and all your other experiences. Thanks for taking so many pictures and sharing them with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips make me happy, as well. Your hair DOES look cute.

    ReplyDelete