This season will be exciting and I am looking forward to watching more games. We sure wish we had family close enough to come and watch him. We will post more pictures throughout the season.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Jacob's new baseball team and first game
Jacob began his baseball season this year on a new team. Last year he was on the Pirates team but they practiced in East Plano and it took us 20 minutes to get to the practice field and then even longer to get to the game fields. This year we wanted a West side team and he was placed with the Athletics team, the A's. They wear green and yellow just like the professional team. The game field is the same place as last year but the practice field is only 10 minutes away. Much better.
Jacob's coach, Coach Smalls, decided to have Jacob rotate as a pitcher. He pitched the first inning. He has a good arm; he just needs to work on his control. The A's played the Muckdogs and the A's were up to bat first. They scored 4 runs. When Jacob pitched, the Muckdogs scored 2 runs.


Jacob is right-handed but has always lined up to bat left-handed. He didn't get on base but this is only the first game of the season.



In the third inning he played first base. In the past it has been one of his strongest positons. He made a great play in this game.
Here it is. I was so happy that I got the shot with the ball in his glove and his foot on base to get the runner out. It was really exciting. He looks so great.
I had to leave before the game was over but Kyle said they played well and finished the game with a score of 8-6. They were really excited to win. They play two games a week and have two or three practices a week. Their coach has them do push-ups and other exercises as well work on technique and plays.
This season will be exciting and I am looking forward to watching more games. We sure wish we had family close enough to come and watch him. We will post more pictures throughout the season.
This season will be exciting and I am looking forward to watching more games. We sure wish we had family close enough to come and watch him. We will post more pictures throughout the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks like tons of fun. I don't know when the next time we can come out but I am always talking about it with Luis. It makes me sad to look at your post, and not be there. love you
ReplyDeleteI love that my nephew is so athletic. We hope to visit you guys...maybe in the fall...we'll see how Megan travels.
ReplyDeleteMuckdogs? What the heck is a muckdog??
ReplyDeletep.s "You're killin' me Smalls!" Sorry- couldn't resist.