Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Analee's pool party

About two weeks ago, Analee decided that she wanted to invite the 12-13 year old girls from her church youth group to come over for a pool party. She made the invitations and handed them out, planned a menu and helped to make a music CD. She was so excited. Several girls came and they all had a good time.
They headed out back, donned swim goggles and armed themselves for a water fight. That kept them busy for a while and then they played Marco Polo. I set up a stereo outside so they could listen to the CD and they were set.





While they were having a good time in the pool, I was inside getting the food ready. Pizzas, chips and fruit. I had a good time just providing the house and the food and listening to them have fun and talk.
What were the boys doing during all this, you might ask? At first, when the girls were in the pool, the boys tried to spy on them through the back fence but the trees stopped that from being too much fun. Then they went upstairs and made a whole bunch of noise. One of them would lean the chaise lounge back so the front end would pop up in the air and the other one would jump on it to make it slam back to the ground. I don't think so! That is my favorite piece of furniture. I had to go save it.
They saw me coming. Fortunately for a camera toting mom and unfortuantely for two scrambling-to-find-a-hiding-place boys, there isn't a wide range of hiding places in the play room.
BUSTED! Good-naturedly of course. They really did behave well for me and left Analee and her friends alone. Analee appreciated that.
After lunch, the girls played Twister and after just a few moves which quickly outed two girls they switched to Harry Potter Clue.
Jacob came down to watch and give his advice on the game. We like playing this game. It is similar to the original Clue game but has moving parts to the board and several decks of cards with two dice. It is really fun.

The party lasted about three hours and I think everyone had a good time. Analee felt good about it and talked about it the rest of the day. We are very glad she has such good girls to become friends with. She misses her friends in Minnesota and these girls have helped her to feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Sierra was NOT happy that I picked her up on time..."We weren't even done with the GAME!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe Analee is that old!! The party looks so fun!

    On a side note: our computer is frustratingly wacked out and I cannot find your email address. I have a new blog, because the old one wouldn't publish or save anymore. Here is the address: www.raiseyourendorphins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete