Friday, June 19, 2009
14 years
1995 to 2009. 14 years seems like a long time but now that it has come it seems to have taken no time at all. Isn't that always the case? June 16, 1995 Kyle and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. We moved to Provo where Kyle was attending BYU. I worked for a house cleaning company called Merry Maids. On April 16, 1996 we became parents when Analee was born. Two years later Kyle graduated with his bachelor's degree and we moved to Minnesota where Kyle took a job with Best Buy Corporation. In three years, we lived in two apartments and bought our first house and by then our family had increased by two, Jacob and Sam. Ten years in Minnesota gave us wonderful friends and fond memories. Kyle went back to school to earn his master's degree in business at the same time he was working full time and a member of the bishopric. Those three years were hard but paid off in the end. Now we live in Texas, a place I never imagined we would end up. Life is funny that way. You expect one thing and can end up with something completely different but also good. In fourteen years we have come a long way and learned a lot. I am so happy to be married to my best friend. I still get a little thrill when I hear him come home from work. He is so good to me. Happy anniversary, Kyle. I love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is fantastic!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete(BTW I can relate to the thrill, I get one when I see Kyle, er uh David coming, too).
;)
Congratulations to you both on achieving 14 years together from one of your old Minnesota friends.
ReplyDelete1995 was a great year to be married. And I'm completely objective ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
Congratulations on 14 years! I was 11 when you two got married. But I remember walking around the temple, pushing Ryan around in his stroller with a little group of us waiting for you & Kyle and all the other adults to come out. Crazy! That feels like it was so long ago.
ReplyDelete