I'm very glad Analee has joined the soccer team. She is having a great time and I sure enjoy watching her play.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Soccer game
Bowman vs. Robinson soccer game. Bowman is in blue and Robinson is in purple. First game of the season that didn't get canceled. The reason that the Bowman team doesn't have matching shirts is because the school hasn't (and probably won't) provide uniforms. The girls were just told to wear a blue shirt and dark shorts. I don't know the name of the postion that Analee played but she was part of the defense line in front of the goal.
The boys' soccer teams were playing right after the girls' teams. They were put to use before the game started by moving the goal nets into proper position on both ends of the field.
Analee is the smallest on her team but she sure has heart. Several times she blocked the ball and got in a few good passes to her teammates. The score at the end of the game was 4-0 Robinson. The Bowman goalie was pretty good. She didn't let them score easy. She blocked three goal attempts before Robinson was able to score. Unfortunately, Bowman was never able to get the ball close enough to the opposing goal to score but they played hard.
I'm very glad Analee has joined the soccer team. She is having a great time and I sure enjoy watching her play.
I'm very glad Analee has joined the soccer team. She is having a great time and I sure enjoy watching her play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are some awesome action shots. Way to go! I sure wish I would have had the courage to play sports in school. I defined myself (as did my classmates) as a total orchestra nerd (like that still isn't true) and "hid" behind that. Thank goodness Tina invited me to vb so I could realize that I had some "athlete" in me afterall -- although just how much "athlete" is debatable. :D
ReplyDeleteYea for Honeywell Federal Credit Union.
ReplyDelete