Saturday, February 28, 2009

Every now and then

Every now and then I look at my kids and I have a moment of wonder. I think it's wonderful that these kids were given to me to be mine. I think it's wonderful how they can be each other's best friend even though they can also be each other's worst enemy. Walking to school today with the boys, I watched them walking ahead of me and saw how they interacted, big brother and little brother, although the little brother is just as tall as the big brother and weighs more. For a few minutes, Jacob had his arm around Sam's shoulders and then they laughed and ran off down the hill toward the school. I called after them to have a good day and that I loved them. They casually tossed a wave and a response back to me and continued on. I love those tender moments that I'm allowed to witness. It makes me feel that somehow and some way I'm doing something right. Those moments are kind of like a little gift that come around just when you need it most. Sometimes you don't even realize you need it until it happens. I'm just grateful I can recognize and appreciate them when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment