Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sam's 5th grade graduation

This morning, Sam graduated from 5th grade. He is very happy to be done with not just elementary school but public education. I have decided to home school Sam next year. We are both excited about it.
This is Sam's 5th grade class. His teacher's name is Mrs. Hansen. Doesn't he look super excited to be up there? He spotted me with the camera and put on a little smile.

The whole 5th grade put on a short musical production. I was happy to see Sam singing. I didn't ask him if he was really singing or just mouthing the words. He really hates to sing. He was a good sport about it.

This is the whole graduating 5th grade class of 2011. A lot of their parents also.

Here's our boy. I'm really proud of him. He does not like school and this has been a trying year for him. He has grown and matured a lot this year. He's learned to take more responsibility and how to better control his emotions and actions.

Sam with his teacher, Mrs. Hansen. She has had the perfect personality to help him through this year and even though he hasn't always had the best of feelings for her, I'm grateful for her patience and hard work on his behalf.

Sam with the principal, Ms. Taylor. She will be retiring this year. She has been the principal since the school opened in 2005.

Sam with Miss Malick, the student teacher for Mrs. Hansen.


Lots of changes coming next year. I'm looking forward to teaching Sam at home. There is a big home school community in our ward and I have already looked into joining it. He is such a great kid. He is a wonderful son and is so sweet. I have so many hopes and dreams for him and I know he is capable of achieving so much and all of his hopes and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment