Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pickin' Blueberries

This past Friday, along with some good friends, I took the kids to Berryhill Farms. It is a pick-your-own-berries farm. What a wonderful place to visit! It was a nice drive. The kids had movies and audio books and a very cute baby to keep them occupied. The baby belonged to a friend who rode with me. At first, Jacob was not very happy that a baby would be in the car with us. I think he was worried about any crying but Jacob was the one hanging over the seat playing with the baby and laughing at everything he did.
The farm is located about two hours from our house and it is out in the country where it is peaceful and quiet and seems like a very pleasant place to live. We have taken the kids on trips like this since they were little so I knew they would have a great time. Once they got their buckets they were turned loose in the fields. Sam was the first one to tell me he was having fun and I could tell from the actions and attitudes of all of them that they all enjoyed it.








Jacob was very good at throwing the berries in the air and catching them in his mouth. Even when Analee tossed the berries at him he could catch them.


Look at my berry-picking crew. It was very hot but we arrived in the morning before the heat really hit. After we picked our baskets full, we got frozen yogurt at the farm store and ate lunch on the shaded porch. I bought some raspberry syrup, apricot preserves and chocolate fudge. So yummy!











Not a very flattering picture but here I am. I had to be in the pictures also.




Analee is just about as tall as I am. I actually thought she was closer to my height but this picture shows she still has a few inches to go.



It was a wonderful day. I loved being with my kids and good friends. We will definitely have to go again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun excursion. And I am glad that you haven't lost your MN ties with the TC hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberries! Fun! I may ask you about this place next year. Usually we go blackberry picking every year, but this June escaped from me. No eating blackberry freezer jam by the spoonful for me.

    ReplyDelete