Saturday, February 5, 2011

I ask you: What's the point?

A snow day turned into a snow week, school has been canceled for four days in a row, three days of bitter cold weather that has kept the roads coated in ice, and now waking up to more snowfall, I ask you, What is the point of even getting dressed? After all, I'm not going anywhere. And if I'm not getting dressed because I'm not going anywhere what is the point of putting on makeup or doing my hair? That is what hats are for. I did eventually get dressed at 10:00 in the morning but that's as far as I got.
The boys are loving the snow. They put on their very limited snow gear (because this is Texas and you're not supposed to need that stuff) and went outside and then up to the park.

Since I'm not going anywhere, I did not follow them to the park to take pictures of their fun. This is the boys on their way up the street to the park. Bye, boys! Have fun storming the castle! Bye!
Our pool, which has reached its lowest temperature in the almost three years we've lived here.
Poor chickens. I have to go out several times a day to thaw out their water.
Our foxy little dog, who thought he could escape in the fluffy white stuff. The creek across the street is actually frozen on top.
This is something I haven't seen since Minnesota. Kicking snow off of boots and shoes and brushing it off of pant legs.

I hate this weather. I don't even care if the snow is pretty because that's not the point. The point is, everything is disrupted and the sun can't come out and I don't feel like doing anything. It's a good thing I have a good supply of library books. They are overdue but I can't get to the library to return them.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Seasonal Affective Disorder!! Snap out of it. I really thought of doing the Ploar Bear Plunge in Lake Minnetonka on New Year's day but it was below zero with a wind chill and our cruise was only a few days later (didn't want to get sick). But I see that I would be perfectly comfortable jumping into your pool. Can I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls wore jammies all day, then changed into other jammies before bed and wore them the next day. That part I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up in "Ice-burg" we are getting sick of the snow, too...even though we should be acclimated to it by now. Emily and Brooke have pulled out their swimming suits and run around the house like it's summer! Good luck...at least your spring will hit before ours does. By the way, a yurt is like a Mangolian tent...it has a wood frame and then a heavy canvas. To keep it warm, there was a wood stove. It was big enough for two 3-person bunk beds and a picnic table with room to walk around. The girls and Mike had a lot of fun (I stayed home with the baby) and will probably go again next year! Good luck with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I want warm weather to come! Just an fyi - I had to switch blogs so our new blog is www.marcandkatiedalling.blogspot.com - leave me your email there so that I can add ya to our readers. :o)

    ReplyDelete