I can handle this once a year in a state that has mostly sunshine all year round instead of the other way around. Snow most of the year and sunshine once a year. Exaggeration? Maybe, but not too far off reality.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Cheryl's and Analee's pictures
My poor tree. It just isn't made for snowy conditions. It did need to be trimmed but this is a bit drastic.
I had to give Jacob a stick and have him knock the snow off. The snow can be gorgeous but this is just damaging.
I don't know why the pictures turned out blue in some and not in others. This tree was so weighted down that I thought it would break at the base of the trunk.

This is by the creek next to our house.
This is the creek across the street. I thought the reflections in the water were so beautiful.


This is the reason the water in the creek didn't freeze. There is another waterfall up the creek a ways that Analee took a picture of.
I can handle this once a year in a state that has mostly sunshine all year round instead of the other way around. Snow most of the year and sunshine once a year. Exaggeration? Maybe, but not too far off reality.
I can handle this once a year in a state that has mostly sunshine all year round instead of the other way around. Snow most of the year and sunshine once a year. Exaggeration? Maybe, but not too far off reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand your dislike for snow and cold and I know you are exaggerating about the sunshine. 58% of the an average year has sunshine and 96 days are clear. You must have some good memories of good ol' MN.
ReplyDeleteShe did a great job- those are beautiful!! Our trees didn't do so well either.
ReplyDelete(oh, and that pasture probably smells better covered in snow, eh?)
There is something so beautiful about this kind of snow that just coats everything (sorry about the tree). My sister in Denton called and said, it's just like Minnesota we have snow! (She's a 4 seasons kind of person and is never thrilled when Texas has 90 degrees in October.)
ReplyDeleteNice shots by both ladies of the house.