Kyle claims he can taste sour cream in anything and at one point that was true. I did not tell him I had used sour cream until after he had eaten his piece of cake and said that it was good and tasted better than the last cake. He was surprised it had sour cream. Either it's been too long since he's tasted sour cream or I am one amazing baker. I prefer to believe the latter.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Cake Numero Dos
Even though my instructor, Annie, said chocolate cake was harder to work with because it had more crumbs I decided to do one anyway. Even though Kyle doesn't like sour cream and refuses to eat anything with sour cream, I used sour cream in this cake anyway.
I used my favorite fruit as a filling, raspberry. The filling turned out to be not quite as thick as I wanted it, even after I added more cornstarch, so I just put a light layer of icing across the bottom layer and let that dry before putting the filling in. It worked great.
I think I like doing the crumb coat the best because it doesn't have to look good at all.
Kyle claims he can taste sour cream in anything and at one point that was true. I did not tell him I had used sour cream until after he had eaten his piece of cake and said that it was good and tasted better than the last cake. He was surprised it had sour cream. Either it's been too long since he's tasted sour cream or I am one amazing baker. I prefer to believe the latter.
Kyle claims he can taste sour cream in anything and at one point that was true. I did not tell him I had used sour cream until after he had eaten his piece of cake and said that it was good and tasted better than the last cake. He was surprised it had sour cream. Either it's been too long since he's tasted sour cream or I am one amazing baker. I prefer to believe the latter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's really pretty!! I love a good rasp torte (try putting some cream in the middle layer sometime with that raspberry). Yummy!
ReplyDeleteBTW: I've never used sour cream -- what does that do for a cake?
ReplyDeleteI see that the Spanish lessons are going well, just like the cakes.
ReplyDeleteIf only I knew the Spanish word for "cake".
ReplyDelete