Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Analee's room: Before and after

Analee's room has needed a makeover from the day we moved in. In her words, "My room looks weird white." I agree. It needs color. But what to do? She took inspiration from her bedspread. I supplied the materials and the labor. She helped, also. First step is, of course, painters tape. A long process but necessary.


The finished product begins with her door. We looked at some craft stores and on the internet for stencils of hibiscus flowers but they were either too small or way too expensive. So we made the stencils instead. Much cheaper and so much more fun. Notice her door handle is also a flower.
It may look a bit bare still, but up close it looks fantabulous! It looks yellow but is really bright green. This is the accent wall behind her bed.
Blue is the main color and looks great with the angles of her room.
Here you can see the matching of the walls with her bedspread. We used her pillowcases to help with the making of the stencils.

The room looks so much better and both Analee and I love it. She didn't realize I was taking this picture or her body language would reflect how she really feels. Don't let this picture fool you.

Next is Sam's room. I actually already have it painted but I haven't taken the time yet to make his stencils. He wants to recreate the Star Wars planet of Tatooine and I need to make planet and space ship stencils. The color he chose will work, I hope, but right now it looks like he cut open a cantaloupe and moved inside.

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl I love Analee's room. It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys did an awesome job. Take pictures of your house I would love to se the whole thing. And what did you make your stencils with? they turned out great. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great I love that it matches the bed spread. that is so creative. I love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing and I can't wait to see an earthly Tatoonine. Hello talent!

    ReplyDelete