The drive up to this waterfall was gorgeous but also precarious. You drive slowly because the road is narrow, you have to make room for cars going the opposite direction, and in most places there is not a guard rail between you and the side of the road, which is a drop off down the side of the mountain. A bit scary.
The easy hike to the waterfall was really beautiful. We came across a smaller waterfall that we stopped and played at for a while.
Isn't this such a lovely little path?
I loved these trees. The light made it look like something out of Lord of the Rings.
Here is the prize at the end of the road. Beautiful.
How I love this sweet boy.
A gentle little stream branching off from the pool at the bottom of the waterfall.
Analee and Jacob were skipping rocks across the pool and trying to see who could throw a rock the farthest up the waterfall.
These next few pictures are close up shots of the waterfall. I love the frozen motion of the water.
This is the path we took away from the waterfall and over to the Karikari black sand beach. Stay tuned. That is the next post.
Ooooooh! Aaaaaaah! I love seeing all your adventures!
ReplyDelete