The last two weeks have been busy ones. Last week, I got to watch two adorable little girls for a friend of mine who had heart surgery. The girls came to my house every day and I got a wonderful reminder of what it is like to have a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old running around. Boy, they have a lot of energy. Analee loved playing with them. We went swimming, to the park, played with bubbles, played with a lot of imagination and went to a water park. My boys were less than enthusiastic but they kept themselves out of the way and handled it well. At first, Buddy loved it but quickly found out the youngest little girl was way more excited about him than he was about her. He had to spend a lot of his time in the laundry room. Kids before dogs.
This week, Analee left for girls camp. Her first time going. Last year the Trek got in the way and the year before that was our move from MN. She was so excited to go. She and two other girls were asked if they would be willing to leave at 6:30 in the morning instead of 8:00 because there would not be enough room for everyone. She said yes and so at 5:30 Tuesday morning she bounced out of bed (not her usual response to waking up) and got ready to go. I haven't heard from her or anyone else but I imagine she is having a great time. She took care of all her packing and even made her lunch the night before just to make sure she didn't forget anything. There is a part of me that wishes I could be there with her but I will hear all about it when she comes back.
She comes back on Friday afternoon but I won't see her until Sunday. I am going to Austin on Friday morning to attend the Texas PTA convention with the new PTA president for the elementary school. I am going to be one of the vice presidents so she asked if I would go with her. The convention lasts from Friday thru Sunday but we are coming back on Saturday night. This, I am happy with because Jacob's 12th birthday is on Sunday and I don't want to miss any of it. When Analee comes home on Friday she will actually be staying with a friend until Saturday. Kyle will be taking the boys on a campout Friday to Saturday. Our family will be scattered this weekend so I am really looking forward to Sunday when we can all be together again and hear about everyone's adventures.
One sister in our ward who is going to camp all week long asked if I would watch two of her boys one day this week. Today is that day. They are my boys ages so they are all entertaining each other quite nicely. They have been in the pool and had lunch. They have been with the chicks for a while and have found all kinds of things to do. Makes for easy supervising.
Tonight, some of the young men in the ward are using our pool for their weekly activity. I don't have to do anything except make sure the gate to the pool yard is open. I love having a pool and being able to let others use it. It has been such a wonderful thing to have.
Summer is half over and school information has begun being sent out. I don't know if or how much these next few weeks until school starts will slow down. Lots going on already and it won't be much longer before we have to start getting ready for much more to happen. Might as well enjoy it.
Keep busy! That is the way I like it.
ReplyDeleteWe'd love to keep your pool occupied. Just waiting for the invite.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how fast your kiddos are growing up. Analee will love girls camp. I just got back from ours last week. I think the leaders had as much or more fun than the girls did. A busy life is great, good luck with the PTA this year.
ReplyDeleteJulie still talks about buddy. Thanks again for watching them that week. They really had a great time.
ReplyDelete