Monday, January 11, 2010

Mrs. Claus and me

This past Thursday I received a late Christmas present from Mrs. Claus. I opened my front door to a friend I was expecting and found her looking at a beautifully wrapped present sitting on my front porch. It was addressed to me from Mrs. Claus. When I opened it I found a wonderful surprise. It was a covered cake stand that doubles as a punch bowl that I had been looking for and wanting for a long time. I found it in a Taste of Home cataloug and ordered it but when it arrived it was completely shattered. When I called the company to ask that a replacement be sent I was told that they had run out and it was a discontinued item and they wouldn't be getting anymore. All they could do was refund my money. I was very disappointed. A few weeks later, I was talking to a friend and her daughter and related the experience to them. I will keep their names out of it because I know they would like to remain anonymous, even though I know it was them. It was a few weeks after my conversation with these special friends that I found the gift on my porch. I thanked this wonderful person in church and gave her a hug but she innocently said that she had no idea what I was talking about. That is fine. I figured she would say that but I wanted her to know how much I appreciated her thoughtfulness. It touched my heart and made me smile. I am beginning a cake decorating class at the end of this month and I wanted the cake stand to display what I'm sure will be stunning creations. Thank you so much, Mrs. Claus. Your thoughtfulness has touched my heart and will not be forgotten.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! What good friends! Good luck with your cake decorating class! You'll have to give me some pointers. I've never taken a class because I'm afraid they will make me pipe frosting, which I don't have the patience for. Which is a dumb notion since I spend hours on the cakes I do. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is very sweet! Good luck with your class and show it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally coveting you. That item is now on my wishlist. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete